The aim of our Franciscan Care is to provide accommodation and support
in a community setting for elderly people who are no longer capable
of independent living. Our home atmosphere is both peaceful and enlivening
by the attention we give to the following objectives:
* Providing twenty-four hour professional care to meet the needs of each individual resident with dignity and encouragement to keep their independence with their rights for choice and fulfillment.
* Helping residents to accept their changed circumstances and adapt to communal living, while at the same time respecting their privacy.
* Looking after their physical well-being by providing loving care, good meals, etc. and making them feel wanted and secure with experienced caring staff to see to their needs.
* Providing a warm friendly comfortable home
* Encouraging them to bring furniture and other keepsakes so that their rooms are more personal.
* Welcoming family members and friends with traditional Franciscan hospitality.
* Providing attractive common areas so that there are opportunities for relating with other residents - sitting rooms, an airy dining room, extensive and beautiful grounds with a sun terrace for the warmer months.
* Encouraging them to be as independent as possible by allowing them as much freedom as possible.
We strive to create an atmosphere of joy and hospitality for our residents in their declining years. If we can make the residents happy in these years of decline then we feel we have achieved our aims.